Sunday 17 April 2022

Eva - ONE YEAR!

Missy E! One year old. It feels like the longest and quickest year ever. Kids do that to you. I can't say I wouldn't have changed a thing about it, but I can say I wouldn't change a thing about where we are now :)




Weight: 24 lbs (93 percentile)
Height: 30.5 inches (92 percentile - definitely read the chart wrong somehow before haha)

Notes: 

  • Size 18 and 18-24 month clothing. Size 4 diapers (just using what I have left and she's ready for 5's). 
  • Size 3 or 4 shoes
  • 6 teeth still. 4 up top and 2 on the bottom
  • Learning some animal noises. Her most consistent is mooing for a cow. She also is working on elephant, sheep... 
  • More and more communication. She actually has a few words, and makes herself known in other ways too. Usually her words are just repeating after us, but some are at her own will too. 
    • Daddy (dada), hi, bye (daii), Mommy (mumumum), up (pupupu), puppy (buppa or puppa), poop (pvoo), Oma (uuuuuuu-mu), ya
    • Communicates that she's hungry by putting her finger in her mouth and going "hummmmm". 
    • Communicates whether she's done pooping or not. Usually quite reliably. If I ask if she has more or is all done she'll sign either way. 
  • On March 27th she got up and started walking and hasn't looked back. 
  • She's still the most dancy child I have. Her favorite song is still "The Next Episode", but she appreciates most good beats. 
  • She's pretty friendly. Usually willing to go to others and offer up at minimum, polite nervous smiles. 
  • I didn't realize it, but she's quite attached to me. She's much more willing to go to others when I'm around, but apparently does not like it when I leave. At all. We're working on that!
  • On those lines, Oma has been watching Eva one morning a week the last two weeks so that I can go to work. She also had her first overnighter there last weekend. Gotta get some more folks in her good books so it's not just me she's dependent on!
  • We tried switching her to whole milk. We weaned her from formula to milk over a span of 3 weeks. By the end of the 3 weeks we were at about 3/4 milk, 1/4 formula per bottle. I found her poops started getting really yucky with undigested food, and she was obviously quite uncomfortable. I have put her back on full formula and she is much more regular and much happier. Dom had this as well when we switched him to whole milk. He did goats milk for a while, but his gut took a long time to recover fully. Maybe just toddler diarrhea... I dunno. Poor girl. We're going to try some probiotic drops and then maybe goats milk for a bit to see if her gut figures itself out.
  • Loves when Dom & Emilia take a cushion off the couch so she can climb up and play with them. 
  • Spends a lot of time moving things from one place to another or one box to another. 
  • LOVES to empty my tupperware/kid dishes cupboard. I cannot keep up. 
  • Terrified of the spring door stop
  • She had a week or so where she kept biting my shoulder. I actually had bruises from her. Glad it didn't last long. 
  • She blows kisses
  • Makes faces at herself in the car in her mirror
  • She loves her sleep. She is definitely not ready to go to one nap. She giggles and throws herself into bed when we go to put her down. 
  • Shovels food into her mouth like she thinks she may never eat again. 
  • Pretends everything is a phone. I'm not even sure how she knows a phone goes to your ear since we rarely talk on the phone. My phone? Straight to the ear "hiiiii". Paper? Straight to the ear "hiiiii". Waffle? Straight to the ear "hiiiii"!
  • Needs her milk to be somewhat warm. 
  • Tries unsuccessfully to put her shoes on. 

Typical Day: 
Wake times (2.75/3.25/3.25-3.5)
700: Wake & 6-7 oz bottle 
815: Breakfast (oatmeal, yogurt, fruit)
945-1130: Nap 1 
1130: Wake & 6-7 oz bottle
1215: Lunch
245-345: Nap 2
345: Wake & milk in sippy cup with snack
500: Dinner
700: Bed!












No comments:

Post a Comment