Monday 19 July 2021

Weekend - Busy Busy!

Back to regularly scheduled programming. I'm back into some sort of routine, and coping with life a lot better than I was. I still have hard days, but they're fewer and farther between. 

On Thursday I mentioned before that Aunty Sonya took the kids to Bear Creek. She also brought over flowers and a date night gift basket for us! We cracked that open that evening, and oh my gosh. Soooo freaking delicious! I put out some beemster, gouda, and 4 different kinds of cured meats, with some grapes, crackers, and the little desserts that were included. I looked at our board thinking, "We'll never eat all this." *buzzer sound* wrong! We devoured it, and about 3/4 of the bottle of wine. I don't know why we don't do this sort of thing more often, but this date night forced us to be intentional. Instead of sitting down to watch a movie, we sat out on the patio, enjoyed our snacks, and talked. In order to avoid just talking about house, kids, life, etc., I thought we could play some "hot seat" with each other, where basically you take turns asking each other whatever questions you want. We went through a few online lists for ideas, had and a great time! Highly recommend as a date night idea!


Friday started out as a bit of a down day for me. Not sure why exactly, I was just feeling off. However, in the afternoon Rachel and Anthony came over with Evelyn, who is just toddling around like crazy. Scott joined us too, and we ordered pizza. I couldn't get over Evelyn. She's so social and hilarious. I forgot what it was like to have a toddler in the house. So curious, clumsy, and determined. Loved it! It was also so nice to catch up with them! We realized that they were our last visitors in our house that weren't immediate family last August. Now they're our first visitors in our house that weren't immediate family! I feel like COVID has come full circle - now it can just go away! Haha

Haha some blogger I am! This is the only picture I got! Anthony playing basketball with Dom, and Evelyn lurking behind with Emilia's baby.

Took this selfie earlier in the day, though. Me feeding Eva, and Emilia breastfeeding her baby (who she calls Pheebs)

Saturday was going to be a very busy day for us as it was Jeff & Marta's baby shower as well as Rebecca's 3rd birthday party! All good things! I was having a bit of an off day again, but I got Eva up from her nap, and off we went to the baby shower. It was set up at Rocky Point Park in Port Moody, and it was so beautiful. Lots of lovely lemony decorations, and the girls even put together little lunch boxes for each guest so food was COVID friendly. There were lots of people there, and this was just one half of the party! This was for family, and in the afternoon they were having a second shower for friends. Wild! Anyway, there were a LOT of people who I hadn't seen in a long time! So good to see these faces, but boy am I not ready for things to return to normal! Haha. It's overwhelming for sure. Eva got to make her grand debut, and man oh man did she make an impression... When we got there she was ready for a nap, so I threw her in the wrap. She took a long time to fall asleep, and then took a crappy 20 minute nap. Recipe for disaster. When she was up, I passed her off to my aunt who hadn't met her yet, and she was passed around a little bit. She hadn't eaten yet, and I guess it was just the perfect storm haha. She proceeded to scream for the next hour, with a brief break in between when I finally got her to nurse. I had to go to Mom & Dad's car to get her calm enough to nurse. I guess she just got completely overstimulated and overtired and hangry at the same time. She has only pulled that stunt twice before in her life. The inconsolable screaming. It was pretty crappy, and sort of embarrassing. I'm glad it's my third child so I'm much more confident and wasn't worried about that, but it sucked to miss out on most of the shower, and for her first time meeting everyone to be so... noisy... Finally we got packed up to go home and I had a good little cry. I didn't even get to say goodbye to everyone because I was off in the parking lot swinging the car seat around. There were lots of offers to help and to hold her, but I don't know if that would have helped because she was so inconsolable. She fell asleep in the car on the way home. Phew!

When I woke Eva up to go, this is what I found. Guess she was sleeping deeply haha!

Always happy to read books with Aunty Sonya

Lunches: Croissant sandwiches, carrots, cucumbers, hummus, and a macaron.

Dom wanted to see the "bridge". AKA the pier :)


They played the shoe game like at weddings! I missed it all because Eva was screaming so I couldn't hear :(

So cute! Can't wait to meet this baby!


I made this sign

And this little "Merby" one. That's the baby's pet name for now. 

We got home, and stuck the kids in nap and quiet time for like half an hour, before getting them up to head off to Rebecca's party! I was looking forward to the party, but I decided it would be best for Eva and I to stay home. After having an off couple days, and then that stressful time with Eva, I could hardly get off the couch. When Dave and the big kids left, Eva and I both had a more than 2 hour nap. Whew... I needed that! Back on track now. 
Dom & Emilia had SO much fun at Rebecca's party. Gosh those three love each other. 





Sunday morning Dave was up bright and EARLY to go out to Tsawassen to film another car. This one I was actually kind of excited about, because nobody can look at this car and be like, "meh." It's pretty amazing! I am excited to see what kind of video he puts together! Here's his Youtube link to his other videos in case you're interested in seeing what he does.

I woke Eva up from her nap at 935, fed her, and then Dave got home at 950 and we put the car seats back in the car and went straight to church. This is our first time to church as a family since March 2020. I totally got emotional, standing there singing with my kids, and holding my new baby that many of the church family didn't even know about because my whole pregnancy was during COVID. Eva was an angel, which was a nice treat after Saturday. She was happy during the music, and when the sermon started, I finished feeding her since I didn't get to finish before church. She fed for a bit, and then passed out until church was over. Good work, Eva! The big kids also got to go to Cornerstone! It was Emilia's first time, and Oma went with them since they were feeling a little nervous. I bet they'd do okay next time on their own though. It's just like preschool, except more kids and more hectic and new people haha. 


Good to be back.

Anyway, it was a busy weekend. I'm ready to get back to a routine during the week, and then on Friday Dave, Eva and I are off to Whistler. I am very much looking forward to that break. Eva's at a great age where she still sleeps lots, but has enough wake time that we can go out and do something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment