Thursday 15 July 2021

Thankful Thursday - 267

 What a difference a week makes. Between the medication dosage increase and all the extra help I've been getting, I feel like a different person. 

Lots of Eva photos today... as usual haha. She just stays in one spot so it's easy!

This week I am thankful for...

1. All of said help. My mom took the kids on Tuesday morning, and Aunty Sonya had them out at Bear Creek Park today. They think they're living the dream, when in reality I benefit just as much from these outings. I'm hoping I can get out to the zoo and the beach with them before the summer is over, but I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself and just do little outings and what doesn't stress me out. For example, I took Emilia to Costco with me yesterday. She was on top of the world!








2. Visits with G&G. Gramma & Grandpa are moving to Agassiz in August, so it will be harder to spontaneously invite them over for dinner, or go there for dinner. However, they're both retired, so it will be easier to plan things at least! Last Friday we had them over for pizza dinner. 


BBQ Chicken pizza on homemade sourdough pizza dough. Yum!



3. Baby Merby. Jeff & Marta are due in 5 weeks with their little babe. We had them over for dinner (they brought poke), hanging out with the kids, and to watch a movie in the theatre. We made it through most of the Dark Knight. Eva was a little fussy that evening which was strange, but it was good to see them anyway. Hopefully we can hang out one evening on the patio or something too before 

Emilia says, "Aunty Marta, you are my kid and we are going grocery shopping."

4. Eva is growing up. I'm thankful, but also sad about this. Thankful because babies just keep getting more fun as they develop new skills, but sad because she's such a sweet, easy little babe! She's sitting in the Bumbo and using the Jolly Jumper already! She is 3 months tomorrow.

Drooly smile <3

This toy is the bomb. All four 2021 Gerber babies have one.


Goofy grin


Setting rules about not touching Eva or the black part while she's in the jumper

5. Time for some lettering. Mom asked if I could make a couple things for an event coming up, and I am so glad she did. I never make time to do these projects on my own, but if someone asks me to I am so much more willing to find the time for them. It's good for me to have my creative juices flow a bit. 


6. Perfect avocado.
This really needs no explanation, but I opened it up and was so excited I took a picture and thought, "Oh... this is making the post this week for sure!"

Just a tiny pit!

7. Care package. On top of taking the kids to the park today, Aunty Sonya also brought a beautiful bouquet of flowers from a Granville Island florist, and a gift package of wine, cheese, cured meats, crackers, jelly, and fresh blueberries. Wow! I did not expect that! So grateful. I'll post a picture of the goodie bag after we set it up! Maybe tonight is date night :) Or send David to watch something downstairs and I'll indulge alone haha! 


And just some more photos from the week...

Most patient dog ever




Snuggle nap <3

Someone loves bath time!

Giant delivery box is a great space to build and be creative!

She loves her bedtime bottle

And they love their bedtime routine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment