Thursday 3 June 2021

Thankful Thursday - 263

Okay, next week I'll try have some pictures that include the big kids. You can see where my focus has been the last 7 weeks! This week I'm thankful for...

1. Outdoor Dinners. Opa & Oma Gerber invited us over for dinner yesterday in lieu of signing up for a meal train date for us. Opa made a delicious meal of meatballs, potatoes, gravy, salad, beans, applesauce... you know all the things the kids like! Emilia was an absolute ham, and Dom warmed up pretty quickly too. We had a really nice visit, and the big kids went off to play after dinner which gave me a chance to relax and enjoy the company! Eva clearly had a great time too - look at these smiles!!


Beautiful BC monarch in their yard.

2. Pool days! It has been so hot and beautiful this week, so I brought out the pool yesterday. I'm trying to set up more structured activities and trying really hard to get into some sort of routine. I've been feeling totally overwhelmed lately, so hopefully some routine will help with that!



Having my feet in cold water totally regulates my body temperature on these hot days! It's also why I sleep with my feet out of the blankets every single night. 

3. Sleepy baby. I don't know if it's a leap, a growth spurt, or the heat, but yesterday all Eva wanted to do was sleep! I woke her up from a 2 hour nap and tried to feed her, but she just kept falling asleep. I finally put her back down to bed and she slept another 2 hours. She made up for it by waking up twice to feed overnight though. Stinker! She was so snuggly!

She's usually a tummy sleeper, but she was so tired that I turned her onto her back when I thought she was awake, and she apparently stayed asleep haha.

Too sleepy to eat. Also, thank you Dave for the photo! I have so few photos of me with the kids that aren't selfies.

4. Happy girl. Eva's getting more and more free with her smiles. It's funny how all three of the newest Gerber babies already have different personalities. Myles seems really chatty and driven to learn (very focused on playing with his toys), Phoebe is likely the happiest, friendliest baby I've ever met, and Eva is an excellent sleeper and very content, but less liberal with her smiles. 



Who's that cute friend in the mirror there, Eva?!

5. Daytime visits. Another wonderful perk about mat leave and flexible work schedule is that I can get a text from Ashleigh asking if she can come by for a visit randomly in the middle of the day. She came during nap/quiet time, so we had a nice visit with just us and the babies! I'm so grateful we get to go through this season together.

No pictures from the visit, but here's Dom snuggling with Eva and I.

Nursing mom = magnet

6. Paying off our line of credit! This was our 2021 goal, and we completed our goal in the first 5 months! Hopefully we can keep our balance at zero, but this feels so so good! It's the first time since we bought our house I think that we haven't been in debt of some sort. We don't have car payments, student loans, credit card debt, or anything. Just house poor! That's a major Lower Mainland-living feat! We have worked very hard to get to this point and made a lot of sacrifices, but it is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment