Thursday 10 June 2021

Thankful Thursday - 264

1. Quaranteam. I don't know if we're allowed to call ourselves the Quaranteam anymore because COVID restrictions have eased significantly, but I think maybe it's just going to stick. S&A&P came over last weekend for dinner and we all went for a walk afterwards. Four adults, two kids, two newborns and a dog. It was a sight. I am so grateful we have them so close by to journey with! Also, we have a Whatsapp chat with them and Adam called "Newborn Crew" where we essentially just discuss baby things and it's so wonderful. 

Can't believe how big our family is! <3

2. Father-son time. Dave took Dom to some dealerships last week to check out some cool cars! Fun that they can do these things together. 

He was happy because it matched his Batman shirt

3. A new playground. I took the big kids to the library last week and since Eva was still asleep at home after, I asked if they wanted to check out the new playground by the Clayton Library there. It's small, but very cute and fun. All natural play things, and they even have cookie sheets and pots hung up with wooden spoons on strings to make noise and music. I would have loved this kind of playground as a kid. It just begs for imaginative play! 




Dom only brought his giant Kylo Ren gum boots to the library. They're way too big for him, so he ditched them in the van after the library and went to the park in bare feet. At least he didn't complain.

Checking out the community garden


While I waited for the kids to do a lap in the field I looked for four leaf clovers. Found one within a minute! 

4. DATE NIGHT! Dave and I had our first date since Eva was born! Well... our first date in a lot longer than that too! Mom & Dad watched all three kids over dinner/bedtime, and we went out to Cactus Club and went shopping. Hot date! Haha. I thoroughly enjoyed my sangria and glass of wine though. I've been missing that! It was nice to chat without distractions, but the next day we were reminded that one date night doesn't magically give you energy for parenting. 

I didn't want to sit in the lounge, but we ended up being seated there. In the end I had no complaints as we got this beautiful sunny spot right next to the window!


Some excitement on our way home. This car went RIPPING past us on Hwy 10 - going probably 140-160 km/hr, and got pulled over and three people yanked out and cuffed. It was all very dramatic and people were cheering on the cops because this driver was being so reckless. 

Me: Dave! We forgot to take a nice selfie at dinner!
Dave: Ugh...
So we took a car selfie before going into Buy Buy Baby haha

5. A visit with BoBo Moma. Aunty Sonya invited me along for her visit with Oma on Sunday. I brought Eva out there and we were able to visit in her room without masks! I had a moment where I realized I wasn't sure we'd ever reach this point! Oma was super excited to see Eva, and Eva was super excited to see her! Oma kept slipping in and out of Dutch, and smiling and making faces at Eva. She mixed up her words and lost her train of thought at times, but between Sonya and I we could pretty much figure out what she was trying to say most of the time. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I am so so glad we went. Next time we'll meet outside and the big kids will come too!

Next pick is a close up of Eva's face in this shot. Eva smiled so much for Bo Bo Moma!



And some random photos from the week... 

She's smack in the middle of Leap #2 (Wonder Weeks App/Book) and is supposedly in a "fussy phase". This kid is so far not very fussy. There's still 9 days left, so lots of time, but she is so much more free with her smiles! She seems to have shorter naps, but other than that it's been smooth sailing. She also discovered on Tuesday that she could control her hands to hit the little hanging toys on her play mat. Lots of newborn fun was had.


Big kids got to watch Frozen on Sunday. Eva was up from her nap so I put her on the play mat and came back to this. He loves her so much - way more than I ever anticipated.

All four of my babies on a lazy Sunday afternoon! (Jammies all day every day haha)

Dom and I had quiet time together the other day. Trying to curb some behavioural issues with quality time. I'll let you know how it goes haha! He is such a sweet boy, and requires a gentle, consistent hand with discipline and boundaries. The kids learned we are serious about boundaries this week when Emilia was moved to the crib one evening when they were goofing off too much at bedtime. Hopefully we won't have to do that again!

Emilia is hilarious right now. She is really finding herself and becoming more assertive and imaginative. She has a large personality and a mean stubborn streak. Love her! Here are Dom and Emilia playing Go Fish. Dom mostly understands the concept - Emilia doesn't know her numbers so unintentionally cheats the whole time haha. It ended up being Dom playing against himself pretty much as he laid out both their cards in front of him and just told her what to say. I'm so glad that they have each other.



Thank you Natalia for the #proofofmom yesterday at the park! Took all three kids again :) Eva slept almost the entire time again. WIN!


Emilia ran around with my phone for 20 minutes this morning while I fed Eva and we managed to get this shot haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment