Monday 17 August 2020

Family Weekend - Party, Panthers, Picnic, Playoffs, & Pizza

Sometimes I like to feel like Captain Turbot when I title my blog posts. Sometimes it means I have to stretch a little bit haha.

Such a superb weekend! Friday afternoon we went to my parents' place to watch the hockey game (great 2nd win for the Canucks!), and then the rest of the siblings joined for dinner and we put the kids to bed there. We were celebrating Adam's birthday, Marta's birthday, and Scott & Ashleigh's first anniversary. We celebrate a lot :)






Mom walked out of the kitchen with this after earlier saying, "You guys, I didn't put any thought or effort into snacks for later - I'm sorry." Okay then Ma!

Saturday morning we woke up with no plans whatsoever. I was determined to get some chores done! Instead, we ended up packing up to go to the zoo for the morning. I think it's the first time we went with just the 4 of us. It was hot, but a nice morning outing. Also, in addition to the 3 baby grizzly cubs, the zoo now has two black panther cubs. They're where the porcupine was. Curious what their story is! We then came home and all took a 2 hour nap. Glorious! I went to check on Dom at 3:00 because I hadn't heard anything. When I walked into his room, I hear this whimpering. I couldn't find him. I checked his bed, under his bed, beside his bed, etc. Finally I see he has crammed himself into the second spot on his IKEA Trofast shelf and he fell asleep in it, curled up in a ball. He was completely drenched in sweat, and obviously uncomfortable. Poor guy!

Dom rode his bike pretty much the whole time. He had two decent tumbles and came home with scraped knees and elbows, but was a total trooper.

She was not happy with me for this one.

Dom was way up ahead on his bike so he didn't make the cut for this shot. 

Sunday both David and I had to be at church (he was on media and I was playing bass again). Scott & Ashleigh came over and took the kids to Tynehead in the morning. After church was over, we came home to them and my parents making crepes at our house! Now that's a Sunday morning I could get used to! After they left, it was naptime/quiet time, so we all rested.

After naptime we packed up and went to Gramma & Grandpa's house for dinner. Rachel, Kyle and Rebecca were there too. It was probably the hottest day of the year though. I think it was high of 33, feels like 39, with no breeze. We actually brought the standing fan outside to make it remotely tolerable. 

This is kinda like a picnic right? 

These kids are so cute together. Dom & Rebecca usually go off and play together, and Emilia revels in the independent play time she so rarely gets at home. It's a great arrangement for everyone!

We came home to get the kids to bed. While we were out, we had set up our good A/C in the basement to cool it down to watch the Canucks v. Blues hockey game. Scott, Ashleigh and Selena came over for the game and oh was it ever nice to have the refreshing cooler air in there! No turning back now! Definitely doing the same thing for the game tonight. We should just sleep down there. We lost the game, but with the series at 2-1 in our favour still, I'm feeling optimistic. 

Today we were invited to Opa & Oma Gerber's for brunch! We got there at 10, and left at noon. Opa made this incredible breakfast pizza. I would happily pay for that in a restaurant for sure. After lunch Opa turned on the sprinkler and Dom was allllll over that. He spent almost an hour running around in the sprinkler, and watering the garden. 

It's been a very long time since we've hung out with just Opa & Oma, since before COVID for sure. I'm grateful for this beautiful weather so we can all stay outdoors and do things like this! I'm not looking forward to the fall/winter when we can't gather because we'll have to be indoors. 



Very dutifully watering every plant in the yard.

As we were leaving the "vacuum truck" was close to Opa & Oma's, so Dom went out to show them and talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment