Friday 3 August 2018

Makenna Helen Buikema


Elissa and Michael welcomed their little girl into the world yesterday! {Yes... ANOTHER girl! It's the year of girls!} Everyone is doing well and is in great spirits. 

Elissa's due date was August 13, but after over 60 hours of labor, Makenna was born via C-section at Surrey Memorial on August 2, 2018 @ 7:52 pm, weighing in at 7lb 13oz. 

I saw Elissa today and got to snuggle that precious little girl. 

Their midwife, Alice, took some pictures of the C-section on Michael's phone and he showed us. WOW! What an amazing thing to see. They will be so happy they have those. I got emotional looking at them. So incredible. I almost wish I had pictures of my babies being born, but that's more awkward and gross probably. 




I caught this sweet moment while we were visiting. Elissa and Michael are so happy and grateful that everything went well and everyone is healthy, even if labor & delivery didn't go according to their "plan".


Can't wait for our kids to become friends and grow up together! 

1 comment:

  1. So funny - everyone I know that is pregnant right now is having boys!! I've been calling it the year of the boy! So... I guess it is still 50/50 as to what ours is ;) hahaha

    ReplyDelete