Monday 3 April 2023

Lately - Kimber Images/Quaranteam/Turning 80/Turning 2/Palm Sunday/Food Truck Festival

 Missed last week's Thankful Thursday so here's a photo dump of the last week and a half instead!

On March 23 Dave and I worked together for Kimber Images and filmed some interviews for a video he's doing for the "Hope for Clayton" kids programs the church runs. Afterwards we treated ourselves to a quick Trading Post business meeting :). Really enjoying our new arrangement so far!


Scott & Ash & Phoebe came over for dinner and they put Phoebe down for bed so we could hang out and play/watch some Harry Potter. Like the good ole days!


Aunty Ashleigh helped the kids build a new home for a snail


On March 24 we celebrated Opa Gerber's 80th birthday! We kept the kids out late and got home around 930. All things considered it went really well, I'm glad we went, and the kids did great!






Aunty Candy won over Eva quickly


Zoom call from Opa's sister with birthday wishes

The kids spent a lot of the time hiding in their table forts. It reminded me SO much of being right around their age and being a flower girl at Aunt Yvonne & Uncle Mike's wedding. We stayed up late like them and played behind the curtains at the reception and it felt like this whole other world. That is certainly how the kids felt under these tables. Core Memories <3





Aunty Sonya came by with some more animals for Emilia and some matching navy dresses for the girls. They're absolutely beautiful! Can't wait for some warmer weather so they can wear them out!


I mean come on!




My cousin Steph and her fiance Darin came over for dinner and stayed late on Saturday night. Scott & Ash joined us for burger dinner. The kids went to bed and Dave wanted to show them the theatre. Before we knew it we watched the whole Greatest Showman movie! So good. Glad they stayed longer though so we could have more time to chat :) It was SO good to see them!


March 26 in the afternoon we went to Phoebe's birthday party! 




I'm in a really busy season of life at this moment. Working ~15 hours for Spartan Foundation each week, working 10+ hours for Kimber Images, doing data entry for Surrey Christian, trying to keep up with my budgeting and blogging, and doing the regular kids/school/groceries/meals/cleaning life. Last week that meant I had to work on my bathroom floor while Dom showered. At least there's lots of variety in what I'm doing! I'm trying not to be too hard on myself 



"Kids, we're going out, get in your seats!"
One minute later...


We got this picture from preschool. I just love her family drawing <3 <3

Last Thursday I went to the church in the evening to help sort clothes for the $1 clothing sale. It also meant I could do my shop before the crazy crowds on Saturday morning! 


Dom had his first outdoor soccer with Soccershots this season on Saturday morning. Dave was filming at the $1 sale and showed up late, so I was on my own with the kids for the first bit. They did great!


Emilia was blowing bubbles and these bubbles lasted well over a minute sitting on the grass

Saturday night at 10pm was the Formula 1 Race in Australia. We decided to stay up. We made it through an hour and figured it was pretty set so we went to bed. Things ended up getting WAY more exciting after that so I'm sort of disappointed we went to bed! However, I had a VERY busy Sunday so it was probably the best decision.


Yesterday I played bass at both church services. The kids also sang in the Palm Sunday Easter performance and it was SO good and SO cute!! I had low expectations after Emilia refused to do her Christmas concert performance, but she was so excited and brave! I shed a tear



Immediately after church I went home to pick up Emilia and we went straight to Elliot's 5th birthday party. Emilia felt VERY special to have been the only one from her siblings invited, and relished in the special Mommy time :)





After the party we went home, got changed, picked up Dave & the other kids and went to the Food Truck Festival with Scott, Ash, Jeff, Marta and the kids. It was freezing and raining, but we made the best of it!


First priority. A beer!

Double stroller was the best call ever!

These three ran the show. They were dancing and prancing around like little drunk adults. So cute! Cute until Eva picked up a soggy puddle french fry and tried to eat it.
We are definitely missing Myles these days :(

Can hardly handle the cuteness



Like cousin like cousin! At almost the exact same age! <3

 A walk to the duck pond before heading home


Life has been absolutely crazy busy, and I'm definitely paying for it and probably need a day or two to sit in a dark, quiet room to recharge. I'll try to make some fraction of that happen at some point haha. Until then... survival mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment