Monday 9 January 2023

Catching Up (New Years/Back to School/Brunches & Lunches/Cousin Time)

 Quick catch up post of the last... bunch of days!

December 30 we FINALLY got our family selfie in the Christmas light tunnel. I was getting very worried we were going to miss the window this year. Alas, it's January 9 and it is still lit up. 




D&E weren't quite ready to go back yet so Dave took Eva back and we took some more pictures and went for a little walk before it started to rain.






New Years Eve we went to a skate that our church organized at the Cloverdale Arena. We brought all the kids with Eva being in the stroller and it worked out great. It was so nice that Dom & Emilia had both been skating just a few days before for Dom's birthday. 











In the evening we had Scott, Ash, Jesse, Kirstin, Spencer & Aurelie (sorry if I spelled that way wrong!) over. I made perogy pizzas, we played some beer pong, Cards Against, and Mario Kart. It was a great night and we made it to midnight and beyond haha. Mom & Dad took all 3 kids overnight and the big kids got to stay up til 9 for the New York New Years. My heart feels full for those memories they made! I remember doing that at my grandparents' house when I was a kid. 





New Years day was a down day for us for the most part. We picked up the kids before lunch, but then went back to Mom & Dad's in the afternoon for one last family gathering before Adam, Aly & Myles moved to Toronto! It's hard to say goodbye, especially to Myles since they change so much at this age! However, they will be back home (for good I think?) by September. So it's just a temporary goodbye. 

New Years up to late, drank to many beers vibes

Intensely staring at the bus lights





My heart can hardly handle this

January 2 we set up a playdate (finally) for Dom to go over to play with Henry & Sam. They played hockey, cars, and compared hockey cards. Dom was stoked!


So freaking adorable

In the afternoon, Ashleigh texted me and said, "Hey, do you have plans? Want to drop Eva off here for the afternoon?" Ermmm. sure! Yes! Eva went and had a playdate with Phoebe while Dave and I had dinner with the big kids and then played a game of Monopoly! Something we could never do if Eva was around. 


Almost exactly a year apart


January 3 it was back to school for both kids. An adjustment after having 2 weeks off, but they were both excited. 


Eva not quite sure what to do with no big kids around.

Connie & Myles came over for a playdate while the big kids were away which worked out great! It's been a while since we've seen them. Eva was stoked to "host" her little friend. She asked me to open the blinds and crawled up there, pointed to the window and said, "Winnow... Myoooo, Come!" 



Wednesday I was back to spin after a full week and a bit off and then at work. 


"Hey Dave, I'm going to run upstairs for a bit of me-time." 
Exactly 3 minutes later.

Children's Bible hitting me again! Just something I needed to hear - it was encouraging for me. 

Thursday, Scott & Ash were stuck for Phoebe's childcare, and Dave was home to help with the school routine so I offered to take her. We had such a good time. It was actually quite a bit easier having two 20 month-olds than just having Eva on her own. We had snacks, we went for a walk, we went to the park, we played, they pooped in unison, they both napped well. What more could I possibly want?!



They are almost the same weight so they were actually going back and forth on the teeter totter. It was amazing. Until Phoebe fell off, but sort of caught herself, and then Eva burst out laughing and then Phoebe burst out laughing. It was awesome.






I'm glad we kept this double stroller!









Friday I had to go to a juror summons in New Westminster. It ended up being an epic waste of time. I got there a little early for my 1:00 appointment only to be told to wait around, and then told I could go because they selected their jury, then told no I had to wait, then told I could go, then told no the judge has to release me, and then finally told I could go. It was a rollercoaster, but I paid for 3 hrs of parking for 40 minutes of back and forth time and no interesting court stories. So instead of going home, I took some me time and went for a walk down to the New West Quay.



Saturday we puttered around the house and then watched Mighty Ducks with the kids in the evening. Dom was ALL IN! So stoked about it. Kept saying how much he loved it.


I have a video of Eva on my phone, but she was such a crazy person peanut gallery the whole time.

Sunday morning Scott & Ash came over for brunch. We made waffles!


In the afternoon, Dave took the big kids out to Alder Alley to meet up with Rachel, Kyle and Rebecca for D&E's Christmas gift from them... BOWLING! It sounds like they had a blast. They all then came over to our place for pizza and to let the kids play for a bit. 

Dr. Eva

That brings us to today! School for Dom, groceries/Costco for me, work for Dave... just another day at the Kimber household. 

No comments:

Post a Comment