Thursday 11 August 2022

Thankful Thursday - 298

 I could have sworn I did one of these in the last 4 weeks, but I guess not!

This week I am thankful for...

1. Date for one please! Mom took the kids for 6 hours today so I could catch up on some things from camping, run some errands, have some me time, whatever I needed. I've been feeling rather overwhelmed with all their needs and the thought of school starting in less than 4 weeks. (Kindergarten :( ). I tidied the house, prepped some fun things for the kids, did some work, went to IKEA, went to Cactus Club all on my lonesome (this is the first time I've done the solo restaurant thing. No regrets!), came home and answered a couple emails, did some yoga, wrote this blog, and took Sherlock for a walk at Tynehead! Soooo nice to have 6 hours to myself!





2. The push to camp. I'm grateful Dave's parents encouraged us to go camping and "rough it" for a long weekend. Otherwise I'm quite certain I just wouldn't, and those are memories you can't fake for the kids! In case you missed it, I wrote about our recent trip to Wells Gray this week!





3. Busy Toddler Activity! I remembered seeing a @BusyToddler activity where she froze a bunch of toys in a big block of ice for the kids to break apart on a hot day. I didn't have the time/resources to do that, so I froze some in muffin cups. Dom & Emilia thought it was the coolest thing ever and it totally redirected them from their tantrum after I said they couldn't watch TV (doing a bit of a detox). Today I also prepped an activity for tomorrow. I put some toys in balloons, filled with water and froze. So tomorrow they'll have these giant "eggs" to melt to free their toys. They're going to love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment