Saturday 13 November 2021

Thankful Thursday - 276

1. Anniversary. Dave and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary on Wednesday! We didn't have any plans together, but were having David's parents over for dinner. When they realized it was our anniversary they suggested we go out for dinner together and they watch the kids for us. SOLD! I think it was their first time putting Eva to bed (I may be wrong), but when we got home all 3 kids were fast asleep. Success! 
We went to Camp Beer Company and had a couple flights of beer. It was super nice and relaxed and quiet enough to talk in there which was a great way to start the evening. After that we went to Cactus Club and sat at the bar for a couple drinks and some appetizers. It was a super nice evening and we honestly hardly talked about the kids at all. Wonder what we'll do for our 10th anniversary next year!


He cleans up well :)

Such a cozy little area!



We need our obligatory selfie, Dave!

We had so much fun. It's been too long since we've had genuine fun together like that. I've been seriously needing some quality time. It was just what the doctor ordered!

2. Park date. I completely forgot today was a holiday, and got up early to make the kids' preschool snacks. I was very much looking forward to a nap during Eva's nap, but then realized I'd have all the kids home with me all day and was feeling a little ripped off haha. Ashleigh asked if we wanted to come see their place and go to the park with the kids. I packed them up really quick and zipped out before Eva's first nap. It was a lovely way to break up the morning and get some fresh air. Eva is now a bit of a mess because of course her nap was late, she fell asleep in the car, and then just napped for 37 minutes at home. That's okay. We'll sort it out for her next nap hopefully. 

Phoebe's immune system is really good.


Looooving the swing



Passed out HARD on the way home

3. Eva's still stationary. It won't be for much longer, but so far she is still not really moving. She's starting to get up on her knees and rock back and forth trying to crawl. Still not ready, but I'm glad I've had this long!


4. I've hardly had to cook all week. We have been extraordinarily busy this week, but I have hardly had to cook which I take as a big win! Trying to think now... Tuesday Dave and I ordered sushi with our Uber Eats coupon, Wednesday I went out for lunch with work, and then it was our anniversary, Thursday Scott & Ash came over and we made chicken & waffles, and then yesterday we had pizza with Jeff & Marta, and then Jesse & Kirsten had us over for burgers and fries. I had meals planned this week, but they'll keep til next week! :)


5. A few moments of down time. The last two weeks have been way too busy for me with work and house and life. Dave's been home a bit, so every now and again he is able to take his focus off work and help out, or get engaged with the kids and I. On Monday I took the big kids to the library while Eva slept at home, and then when I got home we all played outside for a bit while it was sunny! This fall weather has been strange. Tons of rain and downpours, but it seems like it's clearing up many afternoons and causing beautiful sunsets and fall skies!








6. Smooth time change. Many parents panic when it comes time for the time change each year. For some reason our household has (so far) not struggled with it. The big kids were up a little early, but we just told them it was a time change so they still had to stay in bed til 7. Eva was up a bit early, but laid there happily to 7. So we had one day that was maybe a little bit off, but overall our routine wasn't affected. I think this will be different when the kids are in school and we have a stricter schedule. 

Killing time the evening after the time change. Movie in the theatre!

Cars... of course.

Here are some more pictures from this week :)

I printed some new pictures to update our frames and I love how they feel like a time capsule when I see what pictures are hiding behind the first one. Picture from 2010(?), 2016, 2018 and late 2018.


Aunty Ashleigh covered in children while she read stories to Dom

Dom's laughing cheeks as Phoebe crawls all over him <3

And of course Queen Elsa

The Grinch himself (Dave...) bought Christmas beer!

Jeff & Marta bought and are moving into Opa and Oma Gerber's house at the end of the month. We went to visit them for lunch while they were hanging out there yesterday. So close to our house!! Can't wait!

Get to see this little nugget more often! <3 He's so bald :) Reminds me of Dom a lot

Always scrunching

At Jesse & Kirsten's yesterday for dinner. Wren and Eva are like the same baby. They hit milestones within days of each other nearly every time, they sound identical, and they look similar. 

Kirsten got a colouring activity for the big kids and it actually kept them busy for like half an hour!



J&K came over for some games after the kids went to bed. They brought this over and now I'm obsessed. I need to figure out my strategy and get good at it. (Maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list...)


No comments:

Post a Comment