Saturday 16 October 2021

Pumpkins, Pool, Paints & Peoples!

 This week was buuuusy! Busy, but good! It's officially fall now and the weather shows it! Lots of cold and rainy days. 

On Thursday it was the preschool's field trip to the pumpkin patch. Parents join the field trip, so I took the kids on my own. Eva was at home sleeping while Dave worked. We went to Port Kells Pumpkin Patch, and it was definitely one of those wet days! We picked pumpkins, saw the pigs and chickens, played on the playground, went through the cedar maze, splashed in the puddles, and traipsed through the property. 





This was an epic moment. I don't know if it was the muddy buddy, the water, the slide, or a mix of all 3, but this thing was a rocket! Dom fleeeeew down and launched right off the end and landed 2 feet away in the mud.


Very few orange pumpkins this year! It was strange. They got a yellow and very dark green one haha.




Dom and his little best friend from preschool


They were cold and wet and whining to leave, so we went to get in the car. They then spent 10 minutes jumping in the puddle right outside the car. Here, Dom is already buckled into his seat, but Emilia wasn't done yet. 

Thursday after dinner we went to Fleetwood Pool with Scott, Ashleigh & Phoebe. Dave's back has been bothering him a lot lately, so he stayed home to rest up, and my mom came to help out. It was technically a 1:1 adult to child ratio, but I still felt outnumbered haha. Maybe because 3/4 of them were mine. 

No pictures of swimming of course, but I can assure you fun was had by all. I need to get my kids into swimming lessons. Dom is quite confident and no longer nervous about the pool which is great. Emilia is quite nervous and uncoordinated (sorry girl, you got that from me), which is a recipe for disaster when she falls over in 1.5 feet of water and can't figure out how to stand up. She dunked accidentally twice and needed to be pulled up, but she was alright. We didn't make a big deal out of it so she didn't freak out too bad. 

Eva also had her first dunk. Not on purpose... I was holding her, and turned around to see Emilia and turned back and Eva's face was in the water. Haha oops! She was fine though. She wasn't phased by anything at the pool. She just kicked nonstop and had a blast. 


It's difficult to have a baby and get everyone dried and dressed at the pool. Mom took Emilia to get dried off, and I took forever to get these two ready to go home. Eva happily hung out in the car seat. I wish I got a picture of her in her bathing suit S&A brought for her. So cute!

On Friday I set up another little craft for the kids, and they watched Frozen 2 while I worked. We have our biggest annual event coming up in 3 weeks, so it's crunch time and it means my work weeks are a lot busier. 

I'll have to get a picture of the finished product still

Green theme lunch

I pulled out the table toy for Eva and Phoebe to play with, and Emilia enjoyed bonding with Eva over it as well. 



Scott, Ash & Phoebe came over in the afternoon for the hockey game, and brought us boerenkool for dinner! After the game we gave Eva and Phoebe a bath, and then they put Phoebe down at our place and we drank beer, worked on Harry Potter Halloween crafts, and played a game. It was just like the gold ole days! It's been over a year since we've had a "normal" night like this at our place with them. It was soooo needed by all of us. 


Haha we tried. Not bad for a timer photo on a phone with 4 kids!

The girls <3



It's madness I tell you

Family Photo! <3


Ahhh it was so normal :) We reminisced about the beginning of COVID when nobody was working, nobody was pregnant or breastfeeding, and they lived a 10 minute walk away. We spent so much time together.

Dom: Daddy, did you do this?!
Me: Well who else is silly enough to do something like this? 
Dom: Aunty Ashleeeeeeigh :)

Today is just a chill day. It's miserable weather again. Dave is out running errands, I'm writing blogs, the kids are complaining, and I'm planning to make pizza for dinner! Just another weekend in the Kimber household haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment