Friday 8 October 2021

Lately

Alright, we're in a routine here now! Life is busy, my days are full, and I've forgotten to take pictures of most of the week... 

We've had yet another snotty nose cold go through our kids. Emilia has had a snotty nose for the last week, and Eva just got it a couple days ago. No fever, no cough... just lots of snot. Gross! It affects Eva most though because she sleeps on her tummy and sucks her thumb, so the plugged nose makes it tough for her to get back to sleep after that 5:00 natural waketime. That means for the last three days I've been up with her at 5. Blah!

I have these outfits kicking around so Eva played dress up the other day!

Dr. Eva

Remember the Donald Duck suit?! Man she reminds me so much of Dom. Different eyes. Same mouth or cheeks or something.

Dom, about a month older than Eva

Big Brother Dom

Last Saturday was Scott's birthday, so I went there for some treats and a drink to celebrate with the family. Since Emilia was snotty I left Dave and the big kids there, and just took Eva with me.  

Only picture I took - Opa & Oma with their two youngest grandchildren

On Saturday evening Dave and I had a date night. We filled up a growler at Trading Post, and drank it while watching Free Guy. Loved the movie, drank too much beer. Haha... I forgot that I filled it with IPA, so we were a little tipsy that evening, and a little slow on Sunday morning, but it was fun anyway!

I took Emilia with me to walk the dog a couple times over the weekend. She was a great walking partner, and she talked the ENTIRE time. I have a video of it. She's hilarious. The second time she wanted to ride her strider. I didn't even know she could ride like that! It was awesome.





When we got home from the strider walk, Emilia invited us over to Jesse & Kirsten's for dinner haha. It worked out incidentally, and we had samosas and butter chicken, and then played some games while the kids played and read books! 



Tuesday was picture day at preschool. I speedily cut Dom's hair, and got them dressed and did practice photos at home so they could practice their smiles haha. We'll see what the professional photos end up looking like! 



Picture sent to us from preschool

And another

On Wednesday evening Mom put the kids to bed for us, and we went out to Jeff & Marta's for a couple hours! It was a nice chill evening, and so nice to hang out with them for a bit. Totally neglected to take any pictures though. D'oh!

Yesterday Gramma & Grandpa came over and brought dinner for us! We had a lovely visit, and while Eva had a snotty nose, she was super jolly and cuddly and pleasant :)

Snuggly snuggles! The shadow makes Eva look like she has a dark, crisp hairline haha

What else... Eva started solids other than just oatmeal. So far she's tried sweet potato and green beans which she LOVED. I also gave her avocado, which she was horribly offended by. 

Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp crashed last Monday which was honestly so nice and refreshing. I missed Messenger and WhatsApp, but I felt so light and relaxed not having access to the other two. May be time to reevaluate how I spend some of my time!

Speaking of spending time... I've gotten back into baking sourdough again which has been nice. I've also started crocheting again! I love crocheting, but when I start a project, the rest of the house suffers because I have a hard time putting something down until it's done. So long laundry, dishes, etc. etc. 


I can't even. Check out how cute this lovey is? So happy with how it turned out <3

I leave you with some pictures of Emilia sleeping, because she's cute  and sleeps in our bed during nap time:)


No comments:

Post a Comment