Monday 29 June 2015

Cheers to the Freakin' Weekend

This was a busy weekend for me. As most are.

Friday night David and I went to Moxie's for dinner and then he had to go to an evening twilight shoot later on, so I stayed home and drank wine and watched a movie by myself. It was a wonderful evening!

Saturday started off with a walk with Sherlock to the park to play fetch. It ended up being too hot for him and he just kept laying down to rest up and re-hydrate. We find he does not do well in the heat AT ALL! On our way to the car, he crawled in behind a shrub. I figured he was just going to pee on it, but then he just crouched under there in the patch of shade he found. Poor guy! Haha.

After the park, I headed out to my parents house for church band practice as I play the bass for church sometimes. Yes.... I play the bass.... 

Saturday afternoon we went to my parents house to celebrate my dad's 48th birthday and a late Father's day!
The birthday boy in his natural habitat

We watched Canada lose the FIFA game, and beat the heat with DELICIOUS smokies and margaritas. We spent the rest of the evening sitting on Mom and Dad's patio catching up, drinking wine, and playing Hearts. 


Sunday morning I was up early to go to church to play bass. I couldn't believe how hot and stuffy it was already at that time!
After church, David's car wouldn't start so we had to jump it. It turns out a cell in the battery was dead, and he had to get a new one. (Boo). 

We went home for lunch and then headed out with mom and Shadow to Noel Booth Community Park for a swim with the dogs! Sherlock and Shadow both love to play fetch especially when it involves swimming. 

Happy wet Sherlock and happy dry husband
After the swim, we headed back to my parents house and then straight out to celebrate David's sister Allana's 20th birthday! We weren't able to make it to Blarneystone for the real party on Saturday night, but it was nice to get together with the family for dinner and a visit yesterday evening as well. 

I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment