Tuesday 14 November 2023

First half of November - Happy 11th Anniversary!

Enjoy this little video I put together of our 16 years together!

November is always a crazy time for me with work. It's the month of our biggest fundraising event of the year and I have to be pretty available the weeks leading up to it, the day of the event, and the week afterwards. It's been busy, but good/manageable so far. The event date is November 24, so there's still 10 days of madness until then! Haha

What's happened since Halloween?... Hmm... A lot of Halloween clean up had to happen. It's nice to have my husband back now haha! Other than that, I guess the main thing is that we celebrated our 11th anniversary! That's something!

I also joined another small group! I am a part of a New Testament small group with some people from church, but run by someone outside of our church. We had our first meeting in early November and I am really looking forward to the next one! They'll be monthly, and it will be quite a bit of reading, so I'm hoping I can keep up. 

Here's a summary of the last couple weeks in the Kimber household.



Mom & Dad went to the cabin over the long weekend and watched some old home videos of us as kids they had on VHS up there. There is a video of me when I was 2 and it is so Eva. I sounded exactly like her, and while the quality makes it tough to see, there is definitely a lot of resemblance there :)


We went for dinner at my parents one evening and Mom said she had a job for me. The job was to attempt to finish up her 2000 piece puzzle before dinner. Never been so pleased to be put to work!

I took all the kids to Dom's skating lessons to let Dave do some more tidying in the yard. I was a bit nervous about it, but they all did great!

Jesse handed down some old jerseys to Dom. His favorite is the Anaheim jersey :). We also had a family game of handball hockey in the living room which brought back fond memories of my childhood playing handball hockey with my brothers. 

Last Sunday Ash and I went for brunch at Milestones which doesn't happen nearly often enough! After our yummy food and drinks we perused Indigo!

My cheesy Costco date


Eva learned how to use scissors. I used the @busytoddler hack of drawing a smiley face on their thumb. Then instead of constantly reminding her to turn her hand, I can just say, "Is your finger smiling at you?" Worked like a charm.

Emilia got to ride Tinsel at her latest horseback riding lesson. Tinsel was her absolute favorite in the Parent & Tot classes. She's a very sweet, calm horse. Too calm as it turns out haha! After a grooming and tacking lesson, they brought her into the barn and Emilia needed help to get her going every single time. At least Emilia was excited and more confident! There were two new kids in her group too that were brand new beginners. I think it built her confidence too seeing other young beginners up there and seeing that she actually knew more than some people. 


I noticed these new(?) PC freezer meals were on sale at Independent last week so I grabbed a couple. After having this butter chicken I ran back and grabbed 4 more. So delicious!!

Mommy-daughter date at Everything Wine. I did the wine sampling and the lady offered Emilia a glass of sparkling juice to participate. Very sweet. Emilia loved being included. 

Then I asked Emilia to help me pick a couple beers. She picked this one, which I'd never had before. I'll have to try it again, but it may be a new favorite!

Hard to get a nice picture of this guy looking at the camera! One of his top front teeth is super wiggly so I want to get a nice smile picture before his mouth changes forever!

November 10 was our 11th anniversary! The kids had a 5 day weekend, so we decided to go out to Agassiz to spend two nights at Gramma & Grandpa's! The first night we dropped the kids off and then went out to Morgan's Bistro in Harrison for dinner. Very very highly recommend this place!

Making pizzas with Gramma before we went out


Morgan's Bistro was super cute. Probably sat a max of 30 people.

Dave got a nice view during dinner haha. The picture behind him was just some sheep in a field. I feel a little ripped off!



We had heard good things about the caesar salad and decided to split it to start. Oh my gosh. By far the best caesar salad I've ever had. We are both still dreaming about it! It had blue cheese, brie cheese, parmesan, pork belly, crostini, balsamic, garlic... just perfection.

For dinner I got the cod and Dave got the lamb. He actually gave them a few options and the chef chose so that was fun. My meal was absolutely perfect. So many fresh flavors!

Cheers to our anniversary!

We christened this new bar in the basement!





I spy Dom watching the Canucks game :)





Late night Rummoli. Great game!

By some miracle, both drives went very smoothly! The drive out was longer than usual due to long weekend traffic, and Emilia had a toothache from her sinuses being congested, but Frozen came to the rescue! The drive home we threw Frozen on again and I have no regrets. Time to get some more DVDs in the car!

Eva missed her friend over the weekend.. They were very excited to be reunited yesterday and we had dinner together.

Mr. Nate is getting so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment