Saturday 14 January 2017

Newborn Photos!

We had Damara from Damara Moe Photography come to our house on January 3 to take newborn photos of little Dominic when he was 1 week old! She also took our maternity photos back in November, so it was great to see her again and introduce her to our new addition.

She stuck around our house for 4-5 hours, and spent a ton of time with Dominic upstairs exercising incredible patience in getting the perfect shots. We so appreciate the time she spent with us! She also managed to make us look good considering we were trying to figure out life with a newborn at the time (we still are!), and I still had all my postpartum swelling. 

First we did some "lifestyle" photos, and then some family photos around the house. When those were done, she set up in the nursery where the lighting was best and did the baby-only newborn shots. I just love them. 

FYI, there are some nursing photos in here, but they are tasteful :)

Without further ado, I officially introduce... Dominic Stuart Kimber! <3













The view from the nursery/nursing chair



Sherlock stealing the show


In a previous post I talked about the SNS feeding thing we had to use to help with nursing. It's a syringe filled with breast milk or formula that we insert into his mouth and he ingests that along with breast milk from me while he's feeding. 

This is our life. Sherlock always close by keeping an eye on things 



Love this burping face <3






David gets weirded out when Dom roots while he's trying to burp. He throws his head to the side haha














He was pulling all sorts of faces while we were trying to take these pictures. This naturally caused a giggle-fit










We covered all the feeding bases this day! Breasfeeding, breastfeeding with SNS, and bottle feeding!





I love that Sherlock came and joined the shoot for a while. He just wanted to be a part of things <3
This is one of my favorite family pictures from the shoot. I feel it accurately (and romantically) reflects the best parts of our life right now. 



I love the close-up shots Damara took. Some of them are photos I never would have thought to take!


Little arm rolls! They're even more rolley polley now that he's packed on some more weight!




Smiley man!





Dominic's lips <3 They are my absolute favorite thing!!


So much pout!!!


Howwww did that fit inside of me?!




2 comments:

  1. Those are really great photos Renee!!!! He's amazing! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! I think my fave is Dom looking at David his big round mouth. Love his squishy lips!

    ReplyDelete