Friday 27 January 2017

Dominic - 1 Month Old

A whole month has gone by since Dominic Stuart Kimber entered this world. 

What is he like? Well... he's a baby! He eats, sleeps, poops and cries. He's got QUITE the set of lungs on him!

Weight: 9 lb 10 oz. (up 1 lb, 2 oz. from birth weight)
Length: 57 cm (up 6 cm from birth length)

Likes:

  • Car Rides
  • Walks in the stroller
  • Being swaddled/curled up in a tiny ball
  • Bright colours and bold patterns
  • His play mat
  • Nursing 
  • His soothie
  • Sherlock *okay... maybe he more tolerates the Sherlock kisses ;)*
  • Tummy time on our chests
  • Bath Time
  • His hands. He almost always has his hands right up by his face. He sleeps with them up there, and when we pop the soother in his mouth he brings his fists and shoulders up like, "Oooohhhh that is JUST what I needed! Mmmmm :)" 
Dislikes:
  • Gas cramps. He has QUITE the set of lungs on him when he is uncomfortable. 
  • Diaper changes
Notes:
  • Has started tracking objects
  • Catches our eyes every so often
  • Has seen his hands in his vision and become mesmerized by them
  • Will lock his legs for a few seconds on our laps sometimes
  • Plays with his tongue (sticking it in and out and making noise)
  • Has started making noises other than whining and crying, like cooing and gurgling. 
  • Feeds every 2-3 hours during the day, and every 2.5-4 hours at night
  • Seems like he's close to smiling for real at us!
  • Sleeps in the swing beside our bed at night with white noise. During the day, we've started putting him down in the bassinet for naps so he doesn't sleep too deeply and gets used to sleeping in something flat, that isn't a swing. Step one to getting him transferred to the crib!
  • Can hold his head up for 5+ seconds during tummy time. Strong guy! The nurses at the clinic where he was circumcised were commenting on how ridiculously strong his legs are. David is hopeful for his basketball player!
Me:
  • Surprised how well I can function on 2-3 hour naps for the last 4 weeks. Such broken sleep!! **yawwwwwwwwnnnnnn*
  • My postpartum body is almost ready for regular life again! We will be starting up dog agility with Sherlock again on February 1st. I have my belly-button ring back in now! I am definitely NOT into my pre-pregnancy jeans yet. I wore my skinnies the other day, but they were nowhere near buttoning up. Good thing I still have my Belly Band from pregnancy! Was nice to wear a cute outfit again that wasn't stretchy pants and a baggy sweater!
  • I have serious FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) when it comes to Dom. I feel like if I miss documenting a moment with a picture (mental or digital), then I'll forget it happened. Everyone keeps reminding me to cherish every moment at this age, and that it goes so quickly. I get panicked that I'm going to look back and regret not documenting things, or feel like I didn't "cherish" the time enough.
Time for the important part... the pictures!!

Peace man! 1 Month old!!

For reference... Photo from January 1st (4 days old)


Loves his Hello Baby book!

Very awkward shot of him being happy in the sink bath haha

Enjoying the sites on his play mat we got for free from someone in our neighborhood!



As mentioned above, when he's fussing because he wants his soother and we put it in his mouth he scrunches his shoulders and brings up his fists like this. So funny. 


A rare nap in the bassinet... naps seem elusive today


Big brother Sherlock is never far away!

1 comment:

  1. Growing so quickly already!! Can you believe you gave birth to him?! He's going to look so different in May 😥

    ReplyDelete