Thursday 12 January 2017

Thankful Thursday - 73

I feel like I could pretty much do a repeat of last week's Thankful Thursday post. I will, however, try to come up with some new things!

1. Newborn Photos!! We just got them today, and are absolutely in love. Thanks again to Damara Moe Photography! I'll do a special post just with these photos as well, but here's just a couple from the day!



2. The gorgeous weather. Being cooped up inside all day (or most of the day) could very easily become depressing. I am super grateful that we have lots of windows on our main floor and that the weather has been incredible. Something as little as checking the mail or letting the dog out or stepping out onto the balcony gives such a fresh burst of energy. I've been fortunate enough to be able to walk the dog a few times this week as well which is a treat when the skies are blue, the air is frosty, the roads are clear and the mountain views are sharp!



3. Feeling more human. I have been (for the most part) feeling much more human the past few days at least. I'm not sleeping much more, but there is less stress as my body seems to have figured itself out (for now). I don't want to get too optimistic or count my chickens before they hatch, but Dominic and I seem to be figuring each other out. We have a better routine going, and although he still screams and drives me crazy sometimes, we tend to get things done a little quicker than before. This is probably also due to all the helpful advice from those that read my blog and comment on Facebook as well. **THANK YOU ALL!!**
I even got to go to the grocery store and walk the dog BY MYSELF on Tuesday! I cried when I got in the car. I was so excited to have 30 minutes to myself... even if it was grocery shopping. Haha!


This is real life folks. No makeup, hair a mess, couch a mess, PJ's all day, baby snuggled inside, and Sherlock snuggling beside us. Wouldn't change a thing! (Except maybe less crying would be okay ;))

Putting clothes on when we have people over always helps me feel a bit more human.

4. Sherlock, the therapy dog. I don't know what's gotten into Sherlock lately. With our new addition, he seems to have found his "job". Every dog needs a job. Sherlock is incredibly gentle, patient, cuddly and well behaved lately. Not that he wasn't these things before, but it is to another level. He will not bug us for food, play, potty breaks or anything if we appear busy with Dominic. He understand his job is to remain calm. At the peak of Dom's (and my own) meltdowns, Sherlock is at his calmest, usually sprawled out on his back or side on the couch, or passed out in his crate. Who's dog is this anyway?! *None of the below photos were staged, except where we put Dom with him... he didn't crawl over there on his own haha*




First time actually placing Dominic with Sherlock (VERY closely supervised), and Sherlock barely moved. So sweet.  

Okay this photo is sort of staged, but he really was watching the monitor for a bit there. We had Dominic in the crib for his first nap in there *photo below*

5. Baby-K keeps gaining weight! As of today, Dom weighs 8lb. 6.4oz! We hope to have Dominic up to his birth weight (8lb. 8oz.) by January 16 for our next check-up. If that's the case, we no longer have to stress about his feedings and can pretty much move on to baby-led feeding instead of waking him up every 2-3 hours all day, every day. 


Love those pouty lips <3

Excited for the days he sleeps here at night! Soon...

1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful in that selfie on the couch!! Such a happy glowing mama. He is adorable. Excited to see all your newborn photos!

    ReplyDelete